We are looking for volunteers to help during PDW 2023 taking place May 10-12, 2023, with both virtual and in-person components at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa (55 Colonel By Drive). In order to make this event an amazing success, we are seeking volunteers to help us out in-person!
There are a variety of roles which include:
- Registration desk: Greet delegates, check them into the electronic system and print off QR code for their pass.
- Office Manager: Main task is to welcome the speakers and have them sign the required documents. Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel products and general office duties. A training session will be provided.
- Session Monitors: Coordinate the door monitor volunteers for the sessions you are assigned to, meet with the speaker to ensure session requirements are met.
- Door Monitors: Scan delegate badges at session doors, conduct room counts.
- Speaker Buddy: Organize and coordinate with speakers to ensure they arrive at the right location at the right time, provide open and closing remarks during a session and open the floor to Q&A session. A training session will be provided.
- Q&A moderator: Coordinate in-person and virtual questions. Collect questions from virtual delegates and ask questions (at the microphone) during the session.
- Floaters: Be available to stand in as a door monitor, or registration desk duties as needed. Run errands or other administrative tasks as required for the event.
- Anchor: connect with delegates to encourage networking and provide guidance (i.e. on gamification, surveys, directions)
If you’re wondering why you should volunteer, here are a few of the great perks available!
- Networking opportunities with speakers, senior GC leaders, affiliates and other DPI volunteers.
- Opportunity to give back to the Digital Community.
- Enjoy tasty meals!
If you are a DPI affiliate, available and are interested in volunteering please follow this link and complete the form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wm3grXZ8ICnIlr0MBlzrllUvm0h1A4niXpyca8EE-FQ
All applications will be considered; however, priority will be given to those who are available for the full three days of PDW 2023. Please note that the link may not work on the government network. If this is the case, please respond from your personal computer.
If you are not a DPI affiliate and would like to join please click on ‘Become an Affiliate‘.
If you have any questions regarding the volunteer aspect, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.